-->

Sunday, July 25, 2010

This n' That


(first bath since the cord fell off)


Snuggling with Grammie
My folks left yesterday to go back home and we were definitely sad to see them go. It was so wonderful having two extra sets of hands to entertain Charlie, change diapers, cook dinner, go to the grocery store etc...Thank you both so much! We have enjoyed the weekend learning how to be just the three of us! It has been difficult at times, but we just try and laugh about it and roll with the punches! Charlie is getting bigger by the day and eating like crazy. I am seeing a lactation consultant early this week because breastfeeding has been killing me...every time she needs to eat it brings me to tears because it hurts SO badly. I have been pumping and feeding her with the bottle as well as breastfeeding, but after too much of the bottle she gets confused and can't figure out the breast again. I don't want to give up on it, so I will seek help and see if it we can get it worked out! She is gaining weight and that's all that matters to me!
She has also had a hard time with her days and nights. She will sleep so much and so soundly during the day that at night all she wants to do is a wide-eyed staring contest with me. This would be okay if I was getting sleep during the day, but I am still working on that. It is hard to "sleep while the baby is sleeping" when there are so many other things that I feel I should be doing. Jordan has been pretty much been waiting on us hand-and-foot which is awesome and so helpful. He is so sweet with her and I cannot wait until she starts reacting to us because I just know there will be lots of baby giggles coming from those two! This period of adjustment is hard, and a little stressful, and utterly amazing. We are so grateful for this perfect, healthy, little peanut that God chose us to care for!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Hey there! Breastfeeding hurts me too - but something to ask your consultant about - finger feeding. I'll pump, and use the breast milk to feed her, but instead of using a bottle, I'll put my finger in her mouth for her to get the sucking motion down and use a oral syringe (sp) and squirt a little at a time into her mouth while she's sucking on my finger. That way - she doesn't get used to the nipple of the bottle and the transition back won't be as confusing!

Just a suggestions - its been working for us great!

Charlie is just adorable and I can't wait for her to Annyson to meet! And of course to meet you too!

Becca and Jordan Duvall said...

Thanks for the suggestion! We had used that method while we were in the hospital when she was not getting enough to eat, and I had not thought to do that to avoid nipple confusion! What a gorgeous baby Annyson is and we are also so excited to meet you all next summer!!!