-->

Thursday, July 1, 2010

D-Day {Delivery Day}


{Jordan's First Diapering Job}
Today we had our 38 week appointment and the nurse asked me if I wanted to be "checked". In another first-time mother moment I asked, "checked for what?". Apparently they check to see if you are effaced and/or dilating. I am both!! Half-effaced and 1 cm dilated. Doc Fernandez says this is no judge of when Charlie will come, but a good sign that things are moving right along.
He also said that as long as we are within 7 days of our due date we can go ahead and schedule to be induced!!! I love it that they won't make us go past our due date if we don't want to!
WE ARE SCHEDULED TO MEET CHARLIE ON JULY 12TH! I will be induced at 5:30 am that day unless she decides to come earlier than that!
I am super happy about this because I can plan a little better and our parents can also have a date to work with in order to travel out here! So my mission for the next week is to STAY PREGNANT! I have been having tons of Braxton Hicks contractions and am trying to stay super hydrated. I am working until next Friday and then having her on Monday and am super grateful that I have been able to stay working for this whole time. I didn't want to waste any maternity time just waiting at home for her to come and have been blessed to have felt good enough to work! We are of course super excited about what lies ahead and thank you for all your prayers and well wishes !
Everyone have a wonderful holiday weekend!!!!!

2 comments:

Grammie said...

I LOVE the way Charlie's sign turned out. That is so the right way to spell it!! Super job with the diaper, Jordan! Looks like the bear will stay nice and dry. Can't wait to say hello to Charlie!

Jessie said...

OMG so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!