-->

Sunday, March 7, 2010

21 weeks! Half-way There!

Last week we had our 20 week appointment and everything is looking good!! Doc said I am measuring perfectly and I was relieved because I was convinced that I had not gained enough weight yet and that my appetite is not as large as I imagine it should be. She said everything is just fine and I need to chill out. I love the doc we've been seeing because she is very to-the-point...


** DISCLAIMER** ANATOMY DISCUSSION FOLLOWS***
At our 18 week ultra-sound the results showed that I have a low-lying placenta. What this means is that my placenta, that normally grows in the upper part of the womb, is growing lower than normal at this stage. About 45% of preg. women have a low-lying placenta at 20 weeks and only 1% still have it low-lying by the time the turkey is done... if it is still low at 40 weeks and is covering the cervix (placenta previa) we are forced to have a c-section...not the biggest deal in the world.
What this means is we get to have another ultra-sound at 30 weeks to see the progress of my placenta and our little lady! Here's a visual of whats going on!


We still have not totally decided on a name, which should come as no surprise to anyone who knows Jordan and I ;) We love you all and hope you are enjoying the weekend!!

1 comment:

Whitney Duvall said...

Can't wait to see that bump in person!!! So glad to hear that all is well with the little lady.